Saturday, January 08, 2011

就是没的比

Finally I had some time off to sit down and surf the net and the first thing I usually do is to check Twitter. It was so hilarious when I saw "周杰明" as a Twitter worldwide trend! What a remarkable feat Singaporean's done :))!!! I personally think that Elvin Ng's damn cute even before this show but he's performance in 破天网 definitely leaves a deep impression in all of us! Even small kids know what is “4:30了 周杰明吃巧克力的时间到了” &   “11:00 了 周杰明睡觉的时间到了” and obviously not forgetting “周杰明要和小颖一起睡觉". While surfing more about what is happening and why did he even get to the trending list, I was googling about Elvin Ng and saw something that happened quite sometime ago. 

It was about the news that 黄俊雄 started attacking & 郭亮 counter-attacked him on their individual blogs. It wasn't about the content that I was interested in, but their language and how the different knowledge in difference languages could post such a huge impact on their communication. Maybe it was their languages that caused a misunderstanding between them. 

I went on to do some further research. I know la, abit bo liao. But I really wanna know how come small little words they used could land them on Channel News Asia's new report. So here's what I found out.

黄俊雄 (http://www.elvinng.net/blog/) is a graduate from NUS Eng Lit and he graduated with an Honours Degree. Obviously he's more understandable in English rather than in Chinese right. And on the other hand, 郭亮 is so well known for his proficiency in Chinese and how well he can relate things in the Chinese variety shows he hosted. 

It was a close fight, yet I think both of them won, in the mastery of their languages. I went on to read their other blog posts and what I like was their way of expressing their thoughts, and I especially like 郭亮's (http://gmy1999.wordpress.com/) way of writing! I think they're awesome! 

Seriously, if you wanna know what is chimology and proficiency in something, I give you 2 examples, one in both languages. Its the language they've won. Not the content.

P.S It is still super cool to find Zhou Jie Ming on the worldwide twitter trend! Its world-wide mind you and he's climbing up and down over the first few places! Hahaha, sucha great impact he's made on Singaporeans, especially more to the twitter freaks who made him up there. I think people outside Singapore has got no idea who the hell is "Zhou Jie Ming" and why is he even up there together with other trends like "HTC 4G" and "Great British Granny Bang" haha! Cool or what!

Anw, I am going to turn in earlier tonight cuz I'd be tuition early in the morning tmr and thn off to do my hair! Goodnight guys!

(I finally handed and completed 3 projects that needs to be submitted and handed in, and also gotten back all the results for MSTs. I am quite satisfied yeah :)))!!!)

No comments: