Monday, August 02, 2010

Crazy busy week ! (:

This is a long overdue Class photo we took last month! Supposed to be published on the year book which we will only receive ours next year! So I am clever enough to bring my camera cuz for the last 2 years, I forgot!! Thn we don't have any soft copies!

Photobucket

Last Thursday, I went Clementi ( LIKE FINALLY ) with Xinyan to get my photos (: It was like really funny cuz we waited so long and we lost our way. Me lo, I act smart thn bring her go walk walk, walk until cannot walk back!!

Had lunch at this Idk what place at the new building and they had one for one lunch which was not bad and we had HTHT <3

Photobucket
Photobucket

She told me the MRT peronnel will catch us for bringing our BBT into the MRT on our way back school, so I came up with a v stupid idea to put the straw out of the cup like we nvr put in before. I know, v dumb right cuz obviously drink before one (water level) !

Photobucket


+++++


Friday was D-day for us, cuz we had our formal presentation and had to hand in our 3 months long Audit Project.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I like this dress sia!!!


+++++

Saturday was always the where I enjoy myself the most with my favorite people!

This is my 2nd year being an NDP Motivator but it was a really new experience for me. I join NDP last year with SPPrimers being a participant and this year I was a group leader. Although we are all motivating the crowd, it was a totally different feeling.

I watched how my group leader, Jonathan motivate the crowd last year. He was loud, friendly and he can really mix well with the crowd no matter who the other party was. That was a very good example and I remembered it throughout the whole NDP journey. Some of my group members were not “high” enough so I had to set a good example for them.

Motivating the crowd on my side wasn’t really easy. As I was given a position at the stairways, I was always asked to shift to the left, shift to the right, and sometimes even to shift to somewhere else because there are audiences who are always moving in and out of the place. Especially where the first few rows right in front of me were “reserved seats”, mostly occupied by the senior citizens, motivating them was a challenge. They are slightly older people who DO NOT LIKE BALLOONS, and they DO NOT KNOW HOW TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, and they cannot stand up for Singapore when everybody is doing so because most of them stand up already cannot sit down! I remember this middle aged lady who doesn’t know that the seats are retractable so she stood up and sit down and fell on the floor. Because the whole row of them is senior citizens, they do not have strength to help her up so I had to do it instead. I felt so good when she kept on saying “Thank you girl” every time I walk pass her (:

Of course there are some audiences whom I can communicate with them very well and we can chat about almost everything under the hot Padang sun, there are always people whom make you want to give up talking to them. I met on during NDP preview. I understand that the sun was especially hot that particular afternoon, but we must be considerate and close our umbrella because it will block the other audiences’ view right! I spoke to this lady whom she refuses to close her umbrella ): I had no idea how to persuade her after trying for 5mins and I got help from the NDP personnel, but what I got from the inconsiderate audience was “You ask me to close my umbrella one more time, I will pack up and go off now and I mean it. Ask me close again?” If I wasn’t representing TCS & SP.Primers, if I am the one sitting beside her, I will most probably get her to go home instead. How can we sacrifice the joy of at least 10 people behind her just to please someone who is so unreasonable?

I love being a motivator because I can stand in front of the crowd and tell them about how much I love Singapore! I almost cry because I was so touched during One Voice Singapore. There are so many people who don’t know how to sing the National Anthem but they tried to follow the lyrics! There were others who sing so loud and their voice was so powerful that I can feel their love for our nation! I will never regret being an NDP motivator because I had so much fun with my friends and I can do something for my country at the same time.

I will never forget this journey with Primers for life. This is home, and this is where I belong. I love Singapore.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I swear I cannot live without them. Not anymore.

No comments: