Thursday, June 16, 2011

6 months for a license


I DID IT!
 On my first try!!

It was an...., amazing journey for the past few months. It all started in Dec 2010 where Daddy encouraged me to go for it. I used to be someone who doesn't even like to sit in the front car seat cuz I think it looks really dangerous compared to the passenger seat at the back. Now, I am an authorised driver with a driving license, and of course, a triangle sign haha! 

Everything happened too fast, passed BTT with 49/50, thinking that I will fail cuz its like a 90% chance you'll fail kinda thing if you do your probability. Signed up for a private instructor and stalls the engine at least once or twice in the first few lessons. Studied for my FTT and was again damn anxious about the results when I tried clicking on "submit". Was very very surprised when I saw 48/50 (PASS) and it took me really long till I decided that I wanted to give the Practical Test a try. Ok wait. I didn't want to but my instructor felt that I should and he drove all the way in BBDC to watch me go book. He say, " You wanna learn until when huh?" 

Thinking that most or almost everyone I knew passed the Practical test on the second try and I was so damn weak in my vertical parking (surprisingly) and I started thinking. -- Vertical Park reverse, bang left kerb once, bang right kerb once, then ok 20 points, can go back liao. And that was what really happened today. I was so so so nervous. The Indian tester shouted my name, I went up to him, smiled and he gave me the "smile at me for what? I am not going to be kind to you" kinda look and that really scared the hell out of me. So I went up to the car, even had problem starting the engine cuz my legs were really shivering! The first thing he asked me to do was vertical parking in the circuit so like D A N G! Ask me to do my worse thing at the very damn start. Ok lor, really lor, reverse liao suddenly BONG! Bang right kerb (10 points gone). That's when I started becoming not so nervous cuz I thought I don't even have to go out to the road ma. Like later parallel park bang one more time or Crank Course (another disaster) then really pleasetryagain.com liao. But I felt so lucky that everything else went on so smoothly after that and then we went out to the road. 

Like irritating only. ROAD WORKS. When I was driving 40+km/h, the bangla suddenly change the "GO" sign to "STOP". Tmd Idk where to stop lor!!! Like so sudden! Luckily I just anyhow stop based on my high IQ & EQ thn I managed to scrap through that. The worse thing is the Indian tester suddenly ask me to do a right turn, and I cannot rmb if I did switch on the signal before I turn. So after I turn, he took out his Ipad and marked out something. So I was thinking to myself, ok cfm die alr. So we went back to the room. YES he still didn't smile at all. I was one of the first few who went back. Maybe the 3rd or 4th person, but my tester was the last who came back to find me. I was thinking to myself, dk if I got too much mistakes that he has to print damn long or like that someone whom my instructor told me before that got more than a 100 demerit points. When he came in, the moment he sit down, he just said, "You know you drive very slow? 70 you drive 60, so how to go outside?" Ok that's when I really wanted to cry. Like I scared I drive 70 he will say I chiong too fast ma! Then he started saying that my vertical park banged a kerb at the very start and that I had difficulties changing lane at one point of time cuz my speed was very slow and so on. At that point of time, I really wanted to cry. He kept hiding the paper from me, I wanted to sneak to see if I failed by how many points but he keep shifting it away. But I was super agitated when he said his last sentence, "But overall, you're good. And you managed to pass the test." MY HEART HOR, LIKE IDK HOW TO DESCRIBE! It was definitely alot more excited than I managed to pass my BTT and FTT. I really didn't expect myself to pass the TP on the first try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love everyone who encouraged me and all, you know who you are and you know I appreciate it alot.

I couldn't control my joy and I really wanted to cry when I received the results while waiting for the grad video. My emotions where like gushing through my mind and my instructor asked me to give him a call straight after the test. I only told him, "I passed. Thank you." and I couldn't say anything else. Not because I didn't want to, but I will cry like a mad dog if I continued and I hung on him. I feel so bad, today's a long day and I am going to give him a call tmr to tell him more about it. Really appreciate him alot alot alot.   

No comments: