Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Celebration with OGLians

The company had Christmas dinner together!

Fika Swedish Cafe and Bistro (Halal)
9 Raffles Boulevard #01-20

 Before food and the rest came
 One more with Jasmine
 Aglio Olio with Chicken
I'm a huggggge fan of pastas (noodles to be exact) and this comes with my favourite linguine which makes it my favourite dish of the night. Couldn't comment much on the taste because I usually have a whole plate of pasta to myself but we ordered this to share instead.
 Swedish Pannbiff
It's Swedish Beef Patties served with their own cream sauce! I'm a fan of beef but not cream sauce. Anything creamy makes me feel like puking. In my opinion, this will not be something I'll try for a second time. The beef patties are a bit harder than they're supposed to be.
 Swedish Meatballs
Maybe the meatballs' a better choice compared to the beef patties I would say.
 Fika Christmas Platter
Just at $29.90, this platter serves 2 with smoked salmon, roasted turkey slices, soft dyed rye bread and many many other small portions of food including their meatballs. I don't really fancy the idea of having red beet salad in almost every dish they serve though.
 Seafood Pasta
This huge plate of seafood pasta again serves 2, but you could have it in cream sauce, tomato sauce or aglio style. Your choice to make! Recommended for those who love seafood cuz the Huge Tiger Prawns and mussels are delicious, just by the look of it!
 Planstek - Fika Style (MUST TRY!)
Grilled Ribs with BBQ sauce with mashed potatoes at the side! The ribs are tender I would say, not bad a choice. Quite pricey for 2 pax though, at $68.90. As I mentioned, I really don't like creamy/milky food but their mashed potato is nice! It really melts in the mouth with no chunky bits of potatoes.
Couldn't get hold of the rest of the food but we had at least 5 to 6 dishes more. Then we kind of ended the meal by revealing our secret santa and my secret receiver had a last minute change due to some unforseen circumstances (HAHA!) But nothing is better than having my own twinnie as my secret santa! Thank you Esther :')
After that, we had our second round of drinks at Paulander Muchen, just a couple of steps away from Fika. 
& we ended the night with rounds and rounds of arm wrestling, which I topped the loser's hall of frame. What a shame (I have muscles ok!)
Thank you OGL for the company, food and drinks :)

No comments: